We are a unique team looking for a Construction Foreman. If you enjoy working closely with like-minded, creative people, this is a great opportunity to broaden your skillset and knowledge. The variety of projects we work on is practically boundless, and no two consecutive projects are the same in scope, style or materials.
The ideal candidate will love working with their hands and mind, to be creative, and to problem-solve. As a Team Leader, you will have the work experience to build efficiently without sacrificing quality.
- Driver’s license: You must have a valid driver’s license and no history of DUI.
- Experience: Three years of one or more types of full-time construction work: landscape, masonry, carpentry, metalwork, fabrication, design work, etc.
- Scheduling: You must be able to schedule your work and allocate others’ schedules effectively.
- Plans and Instructions: You must easily comprehend standard architectural plans and details
- Leadership: You will need to be able to jump into an existing team of skilled tradesmen and coordinate their talents to produce the best possible results, and keep the team on track while doing so.
- Organization: You will need to manage paperwork, schedules, vehicles, tools and supplies.
- Skills: You will have a broad range of skills to teach others – carpentry, masonry, plumbing, electrical, metalwork, planting, and operating equipment. You must be able to learn new skills when new markets emerge.
Additional Job Duties
- Meet with subcontractors and supervise their quality, efficiency and timeliness.
- Maintain and enforce standards of uniform, cleanliness and organization in assigned trucks, trailers, equipment, jobsites and the holding yard.
- Ensure that all work activities are carried out in an enjoyable, safe and efficient manner, and that all crew members are in compliance with government and company PPE standards.
- This is a year-round position and a great work environment. We offer excellent benefits, including Health and Dental insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) eligibility.
Location: Boston, MA
Company address: 535 Albany St. Boston MA 02118